Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Creativity Contract, SmartBoard Lesson Plan







In a few years I will be an elementary school teacher. I could not be happier to begin my career of changing lives. I took EDIT 2000 to help me utilize technology in my classroom. My knowledge and skills were very limited.  I am more confident in my progress, even though I still need help... a lot of help.

I chose to develop a SmartBoard lesson plan because of its practical use in my classroom. Starting out I had no idea how to use SmartBoard at all. I knew it would be a challenge, but that is exactly why I wanted to learn how to use it.

When writing lesson plans the first step is to always check the standards. I decided to tailor my lesson plan for first grade math. Once I had a general idea of the standards, I needed to brainstorm. I perused through explanations and examples of SmartBoard's capabilities. Now that I knew some of my options, I went back to the standards to figure out what I could teach well on the SmartBoard. I had a difficult time  in the beginning, but the more I worked with it, the easier SmartBoard became. At some points it was almost overwhelming that I had so many options. I used a lot of trial and error in my developmental process. My end result is exactly what I was hoping to achieve. This was just my first run with SmartBoard, but I look forward to improving with more practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment