Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Creative Inspiration




I have been thinking about our assignment to take a nap and do something creative since Friday. Neither one of those tasks come easily for me. Honestly I never really planned on the nap part, but I hope it will happen later. I decided to color a picture and send it to my friend. I flipped through the coloring book and selected my page. I want to be able to use whatever I create for this assignment, so I decided something more inspirational might be more appropriate for my friend. 

These words speak directly to where we both are in life. Time and time again I fall on my face when I go about life my way. I connect with God in the beautiful places he created only for my enjoyment. I took this picture early Saturday morning on top of Blood Mountain. Friday night at 12:30, twenty three of my friends and I  headed to the Appalachian Trail. We hiked through the night, and were on top of the mountain to witness the sun rise. The sun peaked out the brightest pink I have ever seen. It amazes me how intricate and intimate my Father is. Looking at this sunrise reminds me that Christ is my rock and foundation, not myself.

I appreciate inspirational quotes and images from other people, but I decided to make one specifically by me and for me.

2 comments:

  1. What a deep and moving experience you describe. I would love to see the sun rise over blood mountain - such an amazing place! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like so much fun!!! I bet the sunrise was amazing!! I've never hiked at night, but I love hiking, so will def have to go sometime.

    ReplyDelete